The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service Trust Board comprises of a Chair, 5 Non-Executive Directors and 5 Executive Directors.
The role of the Trust Board is to:
- Set the strategic direction of NIAS within the overall policies and priorities of the Health and Personal Social Services (HPSS), define its annual and longer term objectives, and agree plans to achieve them
- Oversee the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against objectives and ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary
- Ensure effective financial stewardship through value for money , budgetary control, planning and strategy
- Ensure high standards of corporate governance and personal behaviour are maintained in the conduct of the business of the whole organisation
- Appoint, appraise and remunerate Senior Executives
- Ensure that there is effective dialogue and communications between NIAS and the local community on its plans and performance, and that these are responsive to the community’s needs